08 January 2014

Why you should Buy a Sony Xperia Tablet Z !

I have owned the Sony Xperia tablet Z for just over a month and I absolutely love it. I shopped around for over six months. Yep its 16gb but you can expand the hard drive by 64gb with a mini sd card. I have the WiFi version and tether it to my 2yo smart phone when i'm out. I find that the WiFi connection is super fast for streaming YouTube and Ted videos and loads web pages faster than you need it to. It also picks up the WiFi in our house better than my phone and laptop do. The tethering speed is good too, why wait for lte tablet when you can just tether it to your lte phone?? It's cheaper in more ways than one.



 I did want the iPad for a while as I was worried about the android app offering for tablets although I needn't have worried as I am yet to find a problem. The processing speed on this thing is brilliant. It runs apps like Grand Theft Auto perfectly, it plays movies saved onto it really well. I have no complaints in that department. The only niggly thing is the battery life. I use it pretty much every night for about 3-4 hours and charge it every 2-3 days. The length of the charge chord is too short so it's a bit of a pain to charge and use at the same time as a result. The covers over the charge ports are a bit fiddly and take something to get used to. Once you do though you can't help but appreciate the life that it will give your product. 

. The fact that it's waterproof is great too. I live an active life and am so glad I don't have to think twice about actually using this product however I like. So yeah, not only all that but it's light as anything and the screen is brilliant! The camera is poor inside, takes reasonable ones outside. Front facing camera has the thumbs up from family and friends. I really like the sound that comes from the speakers, they are quite easy to modify the effects of too. The sony operating system over android is good. PlayStation mobile is so bad though! I was hoping to see crash bandicoot or something but I don't recognise anything on there! But I recommend, this tablet to anyone. It looks good and works even better.

I compared the weight to an iPad before I bought it and it is a massive difference even just holding them for a few seconds. 

Battery life seems pretty good. I've had to charge it a couple of times but it has had a lot more than normal use over the last couple of days as I have been trying it out. Charging is pretty slow though. About an hour to go up 20%. The stamina mode should make quite a difference to standby time in day to day use and handily gives you an estimate of how long the battery will last when you enable it.

My only slight complaint is the way that the covers for the ports work. They are really easy to take off and put back on but I am concerned that they might break after a while as they just sort of hang there when removed. Not a big issue for the charging port as you probably won't be using the tablet while it is charging but the headphone socket is likely going to see more use. 
In My View, Sony Xperia Tablet Z is the Best

No comments:

Post a Comment